A one-day interview takes place at the Federation's head office in Lyon, France so that the applicant and Handicap International staff can talk in person, enabling Handicap International to check the person’s suitability for an expatriate post and to determine in if they offer useful skills for our programs.
The interview includes:
- A presentation of the association’s activities and how it operates,
- A written technical test,
- A language test (English for French speakers, and/or Spanish)
- An interview with a psychologist to assess the applicant’s suitability for an expatriate post
- A professional interview with an HR staff member and, depending on the profile, a technical advisor
If the position needs to be filled urgently, a pre-selection session can be organized elsewhere for applicants living outside France who cannot travel to the head office.
Human Resources will assess the results of this stage, and send a reply to every candidate within three weeks. Successful applicants are entered into a pool of potential staff.